What is 3D Printing
3D printing (3DP) or additive manufacturing is a process of making three dimensional solid objects from a digital file. 3DP is well suited for co-creation, open innovation, and mass customization. It is gaining currently in a number of industries including aerospace and defense, automotive and healthcare. etc.
3DP is democratizing production as customers themselves can manufacture products wherever they are at home, office or school. In a way 3DP is bringing manufacturing to non-manufacturers the way PCs brought computing to non-traditional environments.
Why should you learn?
The course will introduce you to the methods and technologies of 3DP and its applications such as rapid prototyping, rapid manufacturing, and personal/domestic printing.
The course imparts training in core additive manufacturing technologies Fused deposition modeling (FDM) which is commonly used for modeling, prototyping, and production applications.
The course equips you to use all digital tools and techniques necessary for exploring 3D designs and 3D printing. The course content includes:
- Introduction to 3D Printing
- Additive Manufacturing
- General procedure of 3D Printing
- 3D CAD File formats
- Stereolithography files
- Various Printing technologies
- FDM in detail
- Preparation of print ready file
- STL principles
- Object Placement
- Slicer Settings
- Material Properties
- Manual Controls
- Live demonstration
- Hands on training
- Will know how to make a virtual design of objects using a CAD software’s 3D modeling program and copying an existing object using a 3D scanner.
- Candidate will know the modeling process of preparing geometric data for 3D printer and the 3D scanning process of analyzing and collecting digital data on the shape and appearance of objects.
- Candidate will know the process of how FDM works
- Candidate will get introduced to manual controls of 3DP
Who can learn?
The course is ideal for:
- B.E. / B.Tech/ Diploma and ITI students
- Students/Professionals of Product Design
- Anyone interested to Design, Develop, and Produce any type of Products